Ruthven Church



Toilets on premises Guidebooks and souvenirs Welcomers and guides on duty
Also Known As:
The Isla Parishes
Denomination:
Church of Scotland
OS Reference:
NO286489
Address:
Ruthven, PH12 8RQ
Local Authority:
Angus
Website:
Listing:
C

Directions to your Church

On A926 between Rattray and Kirriemuir

Location of Church


Nearby Churches

2.3 miles
2.5 miles
2.6 miles
2.7 miles
3.9 miles


Contact this Church

Church Overview

Ruthven Parish was first noted in 1180. The present red sandstone church of 1859 is the fourth on this site overlooking the River Isla. Two ancient stone Crosses in the west wall, a ship's bell marked The Enterprise WW 1735, and the Royal Warrant appointing John G McPherson Minister in 1874 are of interest, as is the adjoining graveyard with Headstones dating from the early 17th century. Annual Music Festival mid June weekend.

Services

Evening service 6.30pm in rotation with Airlie, Glenisla, Lintrathen and Kingoldrum.

Opening Arrangements

Open by arrangement


Linked Churches

Airlie Church, Glenisla Parish Church, Kingoldrum Parish Church, Kilry Parish Church, Lintrathen Parish Church


Disclaimer

The information about churches in Scotland's Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. The information is not authoritative; please contact us to let us know of any errors or omissions.