Glenaray & Inveraray Parish Church



Denomination:
Church of Scotland
OS Reference:
NN096084
Address:
Church Square, Inveraray, PA32 8TX
Local Authority:
Argyll & Bute
Website:
Listing:
A

Location of Church


Nearby Churches

< 0.5 mile
5.5 miles
7.4 miles
7.6 miles
8.1 miles


Contact this Church

Church Overview

Centrepiece of the planned town, this classical church was designed by Robert Mylne in 1792 to house two congregations, English and Gaelic, which each had its own entrance under its own portico. The tower with spire rises from the solid wall which separated the two identical halves. Gaelic portion converted to church hall 1957. Chamber organ by David Hamilton of Edinburgh 1840s. Furnishings, including the screen and pulpit, were installed in 1898.

Services

Sunday: 11.15am

Opening Arrangements

Open July and August (ask at church hall)

Image Gallery

Images relating to Glenaray & Inveraray Parish Church are shown here, click on an image to view a larger version.

Glenaray & Inveraray Parish ChurchGlenaray & Inveraray Parish Church

Disclaimer

The information about churches in Scotland's Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. The information is not authoritative; please contact us to let us know of any errors or omissions.