Dean Parish Church, Edinburgh



Access for partially abled Toilet for the disabled Hearing induction loop for the deaf Guidebooks and souvenirs
Denomination:
Church of Scotland
OS Reference:
NT238742
Address:
65/67 Dean Path, Edinburgh, EH4 3AT
Local Authority:
Edinburgh
Listing:
B

Location of Church


Nearby Churches

< 0.5 mile
0.5 miles
0.5 miles
0.6 miles
0.7 miles


Contact this Church

Church Overview

Handsome red sandstone Gothic church, 1903 by Dunn and Findlay, to replace an earlier church of 1836 on the same site. Dean Village and Dean Cemetery are nearby. 20th-century stained glass by William Aikman, William Wilson (also a cartoon), Christian Shaw, R Douglas McLundie and in 2003-4, the centenary year, Douglas Hogg (including a glass screen reflecting the early origins of the church by the Water of Leith. Organ, 1903, by C & F Hamilton.

Services

Sunday 11.00 am

Opening Arrangements

Open by arrangement

Image Gallery

Images relating to Dean Parish Church, Edinburgh are shown here, click on an image to view a larger version.

Dean Parish Church

Disclaimer

The information about churches in Scotland's Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. The information is not authoritative; please contact us to let us know of any errors or omissions.