Tibbermore Church



Access for partially abled
Denomination:
Former Church of Scotland
OS Reference:
NO052234
Address:
Tibbermore, PH1 1QJ
Local Authority:
Perth & Kinross
Website:
Listing:
B

Directions to your Church

mile south of Tibbermore Crossroads

Location of Church


Nearby Churches

2.5 miles
3.7 miles
3.7 miles
3.8 miles
3.9 miles


Contact this Church

Church Overview

The present church dates from 1632, though the site has been a place of worship from the Middle Ages onwards. The church was remodelled and enlarged in 1789 to designs by James Scobie, made T-plan in 1808 and the interior refurnished in 1874. The present interior is little altered since that date. The graveyard contains many monuments of interest, in particular the exceptional memorial to James Ritchie, displaying his curling equipment and the recumbent figure of his bull. Transferred to the ownership of the Scottish Redundant Churches Trust in 2001.

Services

Occasional services

Opening Arrangements

Open by arrangement


Disclaimer

The information about churches in Scotland's Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. The information is not authoritative; please contact us to let us know of any errors or omissions.