St James's, Innerleithen



Access for partially abled Toilets on premises Hearing induction loop for the deaf
Denomination:
Roman Catholic
OS Reference:
NT329366
Address:
High Street, Innerleithen, EH44 6HD
Local Authority:
Scottish Borders
Listing:
B

Location of Church


Nearby Churches

< 0.5 mile
< 0.5 mile
0.7 miles
2 miles
5.3 miles


Contact this Church

Church Overview

Built in 1881 to a design by John Biggar, a church with some interesting works of art including a large icon of Our Lady of Czestochowa, Poland. This is by K Kryska 1944, the captain of Polish Forces based in Peebleshire. Other monuments include ones dating from 1861 and a copy of the bust of John Ogilvie. The sanctuary has been brought back into use, and a narthex has been built inside the church to provide toilet and kitchen facilities. A rood screen division within the church provides a gathering and social space towards the rear of the nave.

Services

Sunday 11.30am

Opening Arrangements

Open summer 10.00am-4.00pm (hours may vary) or by arrangement


Linked Churches

St Joseph's Church, Peebles


Disclaimer

The information about churches in Scotland's Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. The information is not authoritative; please contact us to let us know of any errors or omissions.