St Baldred's Church, North Berwick



Access for partially abled Toilet for the disabled Hearing induction loop for the deaf
Denomination:
Scottish Episcopal
OS Reference:
NT556853
Address:
Dirleton Avenue, North Berwick, EH39 4AY
Local Authority:
East Lothian
Website:
Listing:
B

Location of Church


Nearby Churches

< 0.5 mile
< 0.5 mile
< 0.5 mile
2.7 miles
3.4 miles


Contact this Church

Church Overview

The original Norman-style church by John Henderson 1861 was cleverly extended in 1863 incorporating the old masonry by Seymour & Kinross, who also designed the altar. The porch with its magnificent carved doors was added by Robert Lorimer in 1916. Choir stalls by H O Tarbolton, porch doors by Mrs Meredith-Williams. Stained glass by Ballantine & Son.

Services

Sundays: Sung Eucharist 11.00am; Said Eucharist 2nd and 4th Sunday, 8.00am

Opening Arrangements

Open all year, 10.00am-4.00pm

Image Gallery

Images relating to St Baldred's Church, North Berwick are shown here, click on an image to view a larger version.

St Baldred's Episcopal Church, North BerwickSt Baldred's Episcopal Church, North BerwickSt Baldred's Episcopal Church, North BerwickSt Baldred's Episcopal Church, North BerwickSt Baldred's Episcopal Church, North BerwickSt Baldred's Episcopal Church, North Berwick

Linked Churches

St Adrian's Church, Gullane


Disclaimer

The information about churches in Scotland's Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. The information is not authoritative; please contact us to let us know of any errors or omissions.