Madderty Parish Church

Access for partially abled Toilet for the disabled Hearing induction loop for the deaf Guidebooks and souvenirs
Denomination:
Church of Scotland
OS Reference:
NN947217
Address:
Madderty, PH7 3PA
Local Authority:
Perth & Kinross
Listing:
B

Directions to your Church

2 miles south of A85

Location of Church


Nearby Churches

1.9 miles
3.5 miles
4.3 miles
5 miles
5.4 miles


Contact this Church

To contact this church please call the number below.

01764 652116



Church Overview

A simple harled church of 1668 was built in the stormy times of the covenanters; there is a date of 1668 on the west gable. The church was rebuilt in 1689 and the bell-cote added in 1801. The church was renovated and 'Gothicised' in 1897 by architect G T Ewing who removed the gallery, added the porch and vestry and gave the building its round window in the west gable and the lancet windows in the side walls.

The interior is mostly of the 1897 renovation, upgraded in the 1970s. Stained-glass windows by A Ballantine & Gardiner, 1897, and by Oscar Paterson, 1919.

Services

Sunday 10.00 am in 2011, 11.30 am in 2012

Opening Arrangements

Open by arrangement


Linked Churches

Fowlis Wester Parish Church, Gask Parish Church


Disclaimer

The information about churches in Scotland's Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. The information is not authoritative; please contact us to let us know of any errors or omissions.