Kettins Parish Church



Access for partially abled Toilets on premises Welcomers and guides on duty
Denomination:
Church of Scotland
OS Reference:
NO238390
Address:
Kettins, PH13 9JN
Local Authority:
Perth & Kinross
Website:
Listing:
B

Directions to your Church

Off A923, 1 miles south-east of Couper Angus

Location of Church


Nearby Churches

1.2 miles
2.4 miles
3.6 miles
4.7 miles
5 miles


Contact this Church

Church Overview

Kettins Church was founded in April 1249 and celebrated its 750th anniversary in April 1999. The church stands on the site of one of six chapels established by a nearby Columban monastery, the present church dates from 1768, with the north wing added in 1870 and the tower in 1891. Sixteen stained glass windows dating from 1878 onwards. Belgian bell of 1519 now rests, complete with belfry, close to the west gable it once surmounted. Celtic stone and many interesting gravestones.

Services

Sunday: 11.30am

Opening Arrangements

Open by arrangement

Image Gallery

Images relating to Kettins Parish Church are shown here, click on an image to view a larger version.

Kettins Parish ChurchKettins Parish Church, interiorKettins Parish Church, stained glass windowKettins Parish Church, stained glass windowKettins Parish Church, stained glass window

Linked Churches

Meigle Parish Church


Disclaimer

The information about churches in Scotland's Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. The information is not authoritative; please contact us to let us know of any errors or omissions.