Gullane Parish Church



Access for partially abled Toilets on premises Hearing induction loop for the deaf Guidebooks and souvenirs
Also Known As:
St Andrew's
Denomination:
Church of Scotland
OS Reference:
NT480827
Address:
East Links Road, Gullane, EH31 2AF
Local Authority:
East Lothian
Listing:
B

Location of Church


Nearby Churches

0.7 miles
2.1 miles
2.2 miles
4.6 miles
4.7 miles


Contact this Church

Church Overview

The church, designed by Glasgow architect John Honeyman and completed in 1888, replaced an earlier 12th-century building vacated in 1612 when the congregation was rehoused in a new kirk at Dirleton. The Kirk Session of Dirleton decided to build the present parish church for the benefit of 'the large number of summer visitors annually residing in the village'. Simple Norman style with east apse. The zig-zagged chancel arch is derived from the old parish church, as is the south doorway whose tympanum has a low relief of St Andrew.

Services

Sunday: 9.45am


Disclaimer

The information about churches in Scotland's Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. The information is not authoritative; please contact us to let us know of any errors or omissions.