Fort George Chapel



Access for partially abled Toilets on premises Hearing induction loop for the deaf Refreshments
Denomination:
Non-denominational
OS Reference:
NH761567
Address:
Fort George, Ardersier, IV1 2TD
Local Authority:
Highland
Website:
Listing:
A

Directions to your Church

Off A96 north-east of Inverness

Location of Church


Nearby Churches

1.6 miles
2 miles
2.1 miles
3.8 miles
4.8 miles

Church Overview

The garrison chapel built in 1767, probably to a design by William Skinner. Interior, two-tiered arcade on three sides supported by Roman Doric columns. Eighteenth-century three-decker pulpit. Within working garrison. Visitor displays, Historic Scotland.

Services

See website

Opening Arrangements

Open April - September, daily 9.30 am to 5.30 pm; October - March, daily 9.30 am to 4.30 pm


Disclaimer

The information about churches in Scotland's Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. The information is not authoritative; please contact us to let us know of any errors or omissions.