Dirleton Kirk



Access for partially abled Toilet for the disabled Hearing induction loop for the deaf Guidebooks and souvenirs Refreshments
Denomination:
Church of Scotland
OS Reference:
NT513842
Address:
Manse Road, Dirleton, EH39 5EH
Local Authority:
East Lothian
Website:
Listing:
A

Directions to your Church

North side of village

Location of Church


Nearby Churches

2.1 miles
2.2 miles
2.4 miles
2.5 miles
2.5 miles


Contact this Church

Church Overview

Attractive stone building erected in 1612 to replace 12th-century kirk in Gullane which was 'continewallie overblawin with sand'. Archerfield Aisle added 1650, first example of neo-classical design in Scotland. Tower crowned with Gothic pinnacles in 1836. Interesting examples of stained glass, including 'St Francis and the Animals', Margaret Chilton 1936. The church looks onto the attractive village green of this pretty village.

Services

Sunday 9.30am

Opening Arrangements

Open daily 10.00am to dusk

Image Gallery

Images relating to Dirleton Kirk are shown here, click on an image to view a larger version.

Dirleton Parish ChurchDirleton Parish ChurchDirleton Parish ChurchDirleton Parish ChurchDirleton Parish ChurchDirleton Parish Church

Disclaimer

The information about churches in Scotland's Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. The information is not authoritative; please contact us to let us know of any errors or omissions.