Aberlemno Parish Church



Access for partially abled Guidebooks and souvenirs
Denomination:
Church of Scotland
OS Reference:
NO523555
Address:
Aberlemno, DD8 3PE
Local Authority:
Angus
Listing:
B

Directions to your Church

5 miles east of Forfar on B9134

Location of Church


Nearby Churches

2.3 miles
3.4 miles
3.6 miles
4.2 miles
4.6 miles


Contact this Church

Church Overview

Small oblong church re-built 1722 on the site of pre-Reformation church, was extended to a T-plan in 1820 and remodelled in Gothic style in the late 19th century. The vestry and galleries were added in 1856. Famous 8th-century standing stone in kirkyard (covered in winter months). Pre-Reformation stone font was brought into the church in 1992.

Services

Sunday times change monthly, please contact minister for details.

Opening Arrangements

Open during daylight hours

Image Gallery

Images relating to Aberlemno Parish Church are shown here, click on an image to view a larger version.

Aberlemno Parish Church

Linked Churches

Guthrie Parish Church, Rescobie Parish Church


Disclaimer

The information about churches in Scotland's Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. The information is not authoritative; please contact us to let us know of any errors or omissions.